While there are sometimes underlying medical issues that lead to infertility and require intervention, not every infertility cause is beyond your control. There are 5 major areas inside each person’s way of living that may be managed to eliminate a potential infertility cause. If you have been attempting to conceive with no success, consider addressing these factors before making an investment in medical intervention, especially if a few hits a chord as a potential infertility cause — it may be all that is needed to get you on the way to becoming parents.
1. Drugs and Alcohol – Consuming a huge quantity of alcohol can result in menstrual irregularities and ovulation abnormalities in women and be an infertility cause. Continuing to drink while carrying a child increase the danger of miscarriage and negatively affect the development of the fetus. Recreational drugs like marijuana, heroin, ecstasy and cocaine all can interfere with reproductive cycles and ovulation in females, as can some prescribed medicines.Guys who drink heavily could have lower sperm count, poor sperm motility, unusual sperm shape and even impotence, any of which can often be an infertility cause. Men who take anabolic steroids may find that sperm production stops altogether. Recreational drugs as well as some prescribed medications can lead to low sperm count, decrease sperm mobility and abnormal sperm shape. Any medications taken by either partner in a couple attempting to conceive should be disclosed to a doctor to determine whether a medication could be an infertility cause, and if that is the case, what alternative remedies could be available.
2. Smoking – Females that smoke have an increased likelihood of miscarriage and their eggs have more genetic anomalies. Guys who smoke have low sperm density and poor quality sperm. There is no doubt that smoking can be an infertility cause, and giving up the habit is vital for your overall health also.
3. Exercise and diet – If you are a female, what you eat everyday may affect your hormonal balance, monthly cycle and ovulation. Try to have a well-balanced nutritive diet to keep your body healthy to better prep yourself for pregnancy and avoid any nutritive delinquency that could be an infertility cause. Also, keep exercise carefully as frequent tiring exercise may result in females to experience irregular or no reproductive cycle. Finally, excess poundage gain or weight loss may lead to irregular monthly cycle in women. Particularly, obesity is explicitly associated with many cases of PCOS, a leading infertility cause, and sometimes getting to a good weight is all that’s required to come back to reproductive health.For men, a good diet with key nutriments like vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, zinc, calcium and vitamin D helps ensure you are producing healthy sperm. If you’re a male with hypertension, this could also be an infertility cause. Frequently obesity is behind problems like high blood pressure and cardiac health, and because all of your body’s systems are under strain when you are obese, it is reasonable to consider that it can be an infertility cause as well .
4. Environment – Exposure to damaging substances, radiation and probably stress can have detrimental effect on the fertility of females. With regard to men, while these aren’t proved to have an impact on fertility it is theorized that raised temperatures in the scrotal area is an infertility cause. It can’t hurt to stay away from hot tubs or steam rooms and closely fitting pants or underwear while attempting to conceive.
5. Sexual Practice – If you and your companion enjoy lubricants as a part of your sex life, make sure the product you use isn’t harmful to sperm, as the spermicidal affect of many popular lubricants are an infertility cause. It is also hypothesized that if a woman’s uterine muscle contractions are weak, sperm might have trouble being pushed up thru the cervix after intercourse, in which particular case having sex with a pillow underneath your hips might increase the possibility of fertilization. Further, if you’re having sex daily around the time of suspected ovulation, you could be reducing the amount of sperm you are able to supply during each act of intercourse, a possible infertility cause that’s straightforward to remedy. Try every alternate day instead.
Once these lifestyle factors have been addressed, if you are still fighting with conceiving it could be time to look further into a possible medical infertility cause in either or both partners.
About the Author
Anna Short has developed experience on infertility thru a mixture of personal experience and thorough research. Anna Short has developed experience on infertility thru a mix of personal experience and inclusive research. For more articles on infertility, visit her website. Check out her free email course while you are there.
Related Infertility Causes Articles